Near Future Science Fiction Genre Guidelines
The objective is the evolution of commonality among Near Future Genre Novelists.
- All events and actions are supported by current science or a reasonable extension of current science;
- All projections of new models have their origins in current models,
- Events, actions and technology are plausible,
- Emphasis is on dialogue versus narrative,
- No explicit sex or disrespect of gender, race & religion,
- Limited gratuitous violence with emphasis on human interaction,
- Preference for tension and drama versus continuous meaningless action,
- A benevolent force is often helpful to overcome humanities insurmountable resistance to change,
- Relationship building is encouraged, and
- Writing style is classical – writing that is engaging and thought provoking.